Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Start with a story - photos optional

Sometimes I hear a story or see something on TV that inspires me to create a scrapbook page.  I don't always have an appropriate picture.  Usually, I can find something on the internet that will serve as an illustration for my story, but sometimes the story alone is enough.  Today I was in the room while my husband was watching an episode of American Pickers.  The guys were looking at an old phone booth and it got me thinking about the phone in my house when I was a child. 

Do you remember a phone like this?
We had a rotary dial phone, hard wired and hanging on the wall, near the kitchen of our house.  We only had one phone in the house. If we weren't home, there was no answering machine.  I can remember as a child learning how to use the phone making sure to spin the number all the way around before releasing the dial and then hearing the click-click-click-click as in spun back to position.  I can remember when I was a little older sitting on a hard chair near the kitchen talking to my friend.

What do you remember about your first phone?  What story do you want to record about the evolution of technology and the way we communicate today?  Do you still have a land line?  Take a picture of your phone (fixed, cordless, mobile) because it will likely be 'old fashioned' before you know it.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment