Sunday, May 6, 2012

National Scrapbooking Day 2012

This has been a fun and busy weekend.  Yesterday I participated in the Creative Crop at Big Picture Classes in celebration of National Scrapbooking Day.  There were video chats and 12 great challenges. Here's a sample of a few of the pages that I made.  It will be a long time before I get this many pages done in one weekend again.


The challenge was to "grab a photo from a few years back and a photo from today and tell a story about the way things are different or the same."

 
The challenge was to "scrapbook a favorite memory from your childhood."
This is me at age 2 helping my Nana water the flowers. 


The challenge was to "Add a mini flag to your layout."


The challenge was to "Use a pocket on your layout."
Photo and ticket stub are in an envelope pocket. Go Phillies!


The challenge was to "Feature a photo with a fanciful frame."
I had lots of fun using my Cricut on this one.


The challenge was to "Use iPhone photos".
I created embellishment flowers to mimic the ones in the background paper.


The challenge was to "Use a twine technique on your layout."
The tassel on the mortar board is my twine technique on this page.
(I still need to finish the journaling on this one.)


The challenge was to "Use photos and/or page accents to create a page that talks about
reflection, literally or figuratively."
The journaling says "The reflective glass in the karate studio is a natural place to capture the true emotions of the day whether it's boredom or disappointment."



No comments:

Post a Comment